Seriously Peanut Buttery
seriously peanut buttery
Seriously, I used to eat peanut butter on white bread as a child for pretty much my entire school career. It defined me. And I could never get enough of it. I would have it with apples, cucumber, jam, and with cheese and even fried eggs. Why did no one help me?! Luckily, I grew up and now I consume peanut butter like a serious and responsible adult. Whatever that means.
So here are my very serious balls. Sorry, you can't take me anywhere.
You can consume these PB balls responsibly because these buttery peanut butter snacks are super duper healthy. Vegan! Raw! Whole foods! Gluten free! Oil free! Refined sugar free! And thankfully, fried egg free.
Slap boom clap, peanut butter where you at?! Let's roll.
Peanut butter - helping you grow big and strong.
Oats - containing lignans and beta-glucan fibres that protect against cancer and lower bad cholesterol.
Cinnamon - lowering blood pressure.
Chia Seeds - delivering a nutritional punch of fibre, protein and Omega-3 fatty acids, proving that dynamite does come in small packages.
Hemp Seeds - containing the perfect 3:1 balance of omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids, digesting better than any other protein on the planet (and that includes meat).
and Dates - consisting of more potassium, and let's be honest, more sweetness than bananas #teamdates.
1 1/2 cups rolled oats
1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
1 tsp flaxseed powder
1 tsp chia seeds
1 tbsp hemp seeds
1 tsp lucuma powder (optional)
1 cup Medjool dates (soaked in hot water for about 5 minutes before)
1 tsp vanilla essence
1/4 cup crunchy peanut butter
1/4 cup maple syrup
Water, as needed
1. Combine all the dry ingredients in a bowl and mix to combine.
2. Transfer into a food processor and blend together, .
3. Add wet ingredients into the food processor with the dry ingredients and continue to blend until well combined. You may need to scrape down the sides every so often to ensure all ingredients are mixed. Not even a chia seed will be left behind.
4. The consistency will be slightly chunky and sticky, so have a bowl of water nearby to wet your fingers as your mould them into small balls or whatever shape you desire (hearts, stars, smiley faces - there are no judgements here).
5. If you find the consistency to be too dry, add water, tablespoon by tablespoon, until you reach a desired texture.
6. Freeze overnight.